Thursday, June 15, 2006

VIBGYOR


It needed a heady mix of luck and providence for me to bear witness to a rare natural spectacle, which we know as rainbow.
An early exit from the office and after a brief squall I was driving back home in a buoyant mood, when I saw the horizon of the sky resplendent with a huge bow in vivid colors. I stopped my bike instinctively. Staring at this nature's amazing creation that almost covered the entire horizon, made me go weak in the knees. Never before had I seen a rainbow as picturesque and as complete forming a full semicircle. The fortuitous chance of carrying my dig cam at that moment enabled me to capture the moment and save it for posterity.

It was years before I had seen one, that too partially hidden behind clouds.
I hope these pictures would get you the vicarious thrill which I experienced live.

3 comments:

Anonymous,  Thursday, July 06, 2006 6:16:00 AM  

a nice, short read. I dont think u or anyone else cld hv given a better description of a rainbow without getting poetic or using metaphors

juls Friday, August 21, 2009 3:58:00 PM  

your writing truely reflects the mood in which you must ve witnessed tne spectacle. I have realised the same, from very near proximity, in niagra. Splendid and truely marvellous piece of beauty. thanks for sharing ravi. Keep it going

juls Friday, August 21, 2009 3:59:00 PM  

your writing truely reflects the mood in which you must ve witnessed tne spectacle. I have realised the same, from very near proximity, in niagra. Splendid and truely marvellous piece of beauty. thanks for sharing ravi. Keep it going

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP