Wednesday, February 20, 2008

My 100th post: Hurrah!!!





Ok.. So a personal milestone sort of is reached...Ya Ya.... You are right..No big deal...But yes...Considering I blogged my first post in August 2007, its a milestone worth a pat on my back...No...Not you..Only a fellow blogger would understand my sentiments.... Having no discipline whatsoever in my life, this comes as a surprise to me as well... So now is the time to ponder, reflect and share my thoughts on my blogging experience...

In my 100th post, I would like to share things that I learnt from blogging. Also, I would list the best 10 posts out of the 100 that mean a lot to me.

What did I learn (In no particular order):

  • I know more: Yes, through blogging I learnt and knew more about things around me so that I could share it with my readers. There was always this urge to find more, learn more and tell more. In short one grows and expands mentally and spiritually.
  • Made friends I met some great friends online. Most of them are fellow bloggers. Shared tips, helped each other and became part of a vibrant community.
  • Got in touch with old friends: This is no Orkut or Facebook. But yes, many old friends know me more through my blog. They leave healthy comments and testimonials and nothing is greater than that feeling.
  • Bettered my English: Dont rate this post for my English. But yes, I am more accustomed with words and usages now than ever before.
  • I am recording my life along: Even years after I die, i remain immortal as long the Blogger.com servers are up ;). I hope they will be for some time. Even now, when I am low,Ii read an old post of mine and that brings smile to my face.
  • Is an antidepressant/ stree buster/cathartic/: The release that you get with a post well written can equal meditation.
  • I know myself a lot more: Its like having self talk each time you write. As a result, you begin to know yourself a lot better. You explore yourself. I would rate this as the highest among all other benefits.
  • Became an observer/storyteller: You become a keen observer. You start marveling at absurdities of life and see a story to post. You open up the clogged faculties of your mind. In short you become creative. FMORT is one such example of my creative outbursts.

I would pick 10 out the 100 posts that are close to my heart. I have ranked them too:

9 comments:

Unknown Wednesday, February 20, 2008 6:31:00 AM  

hey congrats...u hav reached ur first milestone...so u owe me two treats.... :)

Anonymous,  Thursday, February 21, 2008 1:19:00 AM  

Congrats on hitting century.
All the best. treatme++; :-)

Anonymous,  Thursday, February 21, 2008 5:51:00 AM  

Congratulations! Being disciplined can never be a goal. It has to be a habbit, unknown to your conscious but fiercely prevalent in your sub.

Cheers

Anonymous,  Thursday, February 21, 2008 5:57:00 AM  

Hey Ravi,

I won't congratulate you for hitting century. Because I feel you are slow and It is your responsibility to write more and more. Listen, as acknowledged earlier I check your blogs repeatedly for Inspiration. It has helped me to lift my morale many times. You can't afford to stop. Hey man keep writing ..let the creativity flow and your caliber to do that is much more than what you think. I appreciate your flawless language.

Manas Paira Thursday, February 21, 2008 8:44:00 PM  

Hi Ravi,

Good work yaar.

keep going...

Whenever i read your blogs, its make s me feel good about ur thoughts, feeling and inspires me too on some aspects.

But keep this habit going..don't stop this.

keep it up...

take care.

manas.

Anonymous,  Thursday, February 21, 2008 9:39:00 PM  

Hey Ravi, I know you have an "avatar" in second life and if I am not mistaken your name is Fuego Forzane. But how EXPRESSIVE your avatar is in your virtual world? Are you Brisk and businesslike ? or "Rude and rebellious? Hey Ravi,I am not a geek or tech saavy to exlpain things..but please read the article 'Giving: Avatars Emote Control" in Harvard Business Review(south asia) Feb 2008.

Anonymous,  Thursday, February 21, 2008 9:57:00 PM  

Yeah.. one more thing..thanx to your blogs on "second Life"- My knowledge horizon widened..it helped me to give a second look at Harvard Business Review article..

Ravi Kumar Saturday, February 23, 2008 11:18:00 AM  

Thank you so much for all your encouraging comments. I am overwhelmed with the kind of support you all have for my blog. I will try to do justice to your expectations. Thanks so much again.
-Ravi

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP