Friday, February 08, 2008

Of workouts and chicken biryani

I drown myself in the well of guilt each time I satiate myself with a full plate of chicken biryani. The finely chewed cartilages and neatly wiped plate bears testimony to the savageness with which the biryani was hogged upon. The gratification of a contented stomach feels heavenly only to be matched with Moksha. The feeling is only momentary though.

Soon after this state of bliss fleets away to reality, guilt haunts me. It possesses me, torments me for a while for my innate quality to succumb to the baser temptations of material life with clock work regularity. I soon shrug myself off this indiscretion by indulging in some self pep talk. I remind myself of the guy in my gym with that enviable torso. I remind myself of the sweat and effort put into a days workout everyday. I come back home. Pick up the Health magazine. Peer into those sculpted greek god like physiques. Shout at the top of my voice(inner voice) and promise never to get into the biryani way.

With stern intent, mighty resolve, deep faith I walk back from the gym towards home the next day. I pass the Satan(read Chicken Biryani outlet). The wafting smell of hot biryani comatozes my senses. And an overworked body with a famished stomach only weaken my resistance. My resilient mind fights with a thousand demons. I order my biryani. I see my mighty mind go down valiantly fighting against the demons. Yes it goes down, buts I am contended that it puts up a brave fight. Biryani arrives. And the next ten minutes I am in the same state of bliss.

And the cycle repeats.

4 comments:

Anonymous,  Friday, February 08, 2008 12:10:00 PM  

Hey Ravi join the group.. I dont know what frightens me more, the weight I could possibly gain by eating the biryani or the or just the thought that I would be committing a sin by not even tasting it... and if I know my self even a little, then a quality check of the chicken biryanoi from my side will mean that someone will have to have to do quantity check on the biryani I eat..

Ravi Kumar Friday, February 08, 2008 8:10:00 PM  

haha nice way to put it .Thanks Deepti :)

Anonymous,  Sunday, February 10, 2008 10:01:00 PM  

I second the earlier comment. I have been doing (rather fighting with) it for 2-3 years now. Nevertheless, I succeeded( I claim so:-) ) at times with less frequency and low quantity of my favorite, the sumptuous CB. I personally feel that this is the right time for us to enjoy the dishes, (of course with control) . Perhaps, eating CB on a day off the gym may help us to an extent.

tim3tr4v3lR Saturday, November 08, 2008 8:26:00 PM  

hyd is the place to b for biriyanis! u mus b having fun :)

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP