Monday, September 01, 2008

WALL.E: A love story



I finally watched WALL.E after a long long wait and anticipation. And its not just me, but thousands others who swore allegiance to anything that Pixar Studio's come up with. After all they carry an enviable track record of churning out back to back gems out of their creative factory. It all started in 1995 with:
  • Toy Story
  • A Bug's Life
  • Toy Story 2
  • Monster Inc
  • Finding Nemo
  • The Incredibles
  • Cars
  • Ratatouille
  • WALL-E

For me it started with Finding Nemo when I fell in love with them. Since then I have been a loyal and ardent fan of Pixar.
With WALL-E, I was awestruck with the creative genius behind it. When I heard about it a couple of months back, it intrigued me to read a weird name as this, WALL.E. When I found out its full form, it read : Waste Allocation Load Lifter, Earth class. And my curiosity rose higher which only got satiated last weekend.



WALL.E tells a story of earth after 700 years from now when life here becomes unsustainable and humans were transferred to spaceships away from earth. WALL.E remains the last moving entity on earth. The amazing thing is the movie doesn't have a dialogue in the first 30 minutesm but would keep you engrossed nevertheless. I wont reveal the plot or the gist but take it in writing that it would be worth every penny spent.

It was so touching and poignant that my girl friend has begun calling me her WALL.E. ;)




4 comments:

Unknown Tuesday, September 02, 2008 12:40:00 PM  

Hehe....So, I was going through someone else's blog, and saw your blog as a favorite in the list. I wouldnt have come to the page had it not been the title of the post....
Unlike you, I am not only intrigued with whatever Pixar comes up, but am equally intrigued whatever the Walt Disney production house comes out with....and again, unlike you, my fling and crush started with the company back in 1994 when they came out with the masterpiece called "The Lion King", which by the ways is still my favorite movie!!!!
Ever since then, I have been fascinated by how these production houses comes out with filming genuises one after the other....Non-Stop!!!!
Anyway....I was one of the few people to catch hold of Wall.E like all the other films oif the similar genre first day first show! And as I was expecting....it didnot disappoint me at all!
I agree the story is encaptivating, and you fall in love with both Wall.E and Eva the moment you see them....And yes, with no major dialogues in the movie....it still comes out to be a winner and delivers a powerpacked effect!!!!
I am glad your girl friend has started calling you her Wall.E, and I recommend you start calling her your Evaaaa!!!! ;)
God Bless, and All The Best!

Prashant Sree Sunday, September 07, 2008 6:56:00 AM  

Hi WALL.E, :)

Yes buddy, iam awaiting the time when i will be seeing the movie.,.

You have been tagged ;)and Please collect your Blog awards too.,. :)

Regards,

Prashant
*+

Ravi Kumar Tuesday, September 09, 2008 12:27:00 PM  

Hey Prashant! I will surely cover this!

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP