Wednesday, December 03, 2008

24 hours too less...



Last Saturday was special. Till 1 am in the noon I wallowed on my bed luxuriating on the agenda free morning.


A lovely morning. I thought. My half opened eyes confirmed. My body and heart demanded me to stay put on bed and do nothing.

I stared blankly at the revolving ceiling fan. It looked like a porter's wheel and I could imagine vessels being created out of its cog. I observed the progressing sun light spreading onto my bed, and then receding. The tiny black ant on my pillow looked like it had lost its way and kept doing circles earnestly.
I flipped through the Brida on my bed (Yes I sleep with a book) desultorily, deliberately trying not to comprehend the words that passed my eyes. In other words, my mind was on a pampering binge. Such moments have become rare in my life. The sheer pleasure of nothingness and stillness, which I never realised before, dawned onto me.

Its fascinating how nature lends you such nuggets of wisdom in its own distinct ways. You only ought to be ready to receive them. And today i was.

Contd...

2 comments:

Deepika Saturday, December 13, 2008 9:16:00 AM  

hey amazing write up.at times "nothing" gets so difficult to indite, but u obviously scored a point there.

Ravi Kumar Sunday, December 14, 2008 9:35:00 AM  

Hey Deepika.. thanks yaar..will drop in to you too...

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP