Saturday, September 01, 2007

वीकएंड वीत मुघ्लाई Chicken

What did I do this weekend?

My weekend started from Friday evening. Was feeling peckish on my way back home when I checked out a chicken store at RT Nagar, which served chicken fillets. I was impressed with the interiors of the store and picked 400 gms of chicken fillets(boneless breast). But I wanted to get it cooked for a special dish. I scratched my head and went straight to a cyber cafe and googled on Mughlai Chicken. And voila, I was swamped by a long list of Mughlai dishes.

I picked one that shows below. The ingredients looked gettable, and after getting a print out of the recipe, procured the required ingredient from the grocery shop.

Now was the tough part. To follow the recipe meticulously and cook. The recipe was for a full chicken, and I had to use common sense to make changes accordingly. "Where are the tomatoes", asked my sis. "The recipe doesn't mention tomatoes", i defended. "Chicken without tomatoes. Are u sick", cranked she. "I am making mughlai chicken. Just keep your comments to yourself", I exasperated.

I was alone fighting it out at the battle ground. After a few anxious moments, I smelt an inkling of success. "Yeah. Smells Ok", my sis conceded. A little more time, and the great mughlai chicken was ready. I took to it instantly. The gravy got little too concentrated, but could be excused as the taste was fantabulous.

At the end, I was gleefully savouring the triumph. The Mughlai Chicken was definitely a winner.


Try out the recipe I followed, and any doubts do gimme a ring ;)

Recipe for Mughlai Chicken
Ingredients:
• 1 skinless large chicken, cut into chunks
• 2 Cinnamon sticks
• 12 Ounces clarified butter or ghee
• 2 medium size onions, grated
• 4 Lightly beaten Eggs
• 4 tsp Sugar
• 6 tsp Ground almonds(Almonds was replaced with cashew ..still it tasted good :))
• 1-1/2 Inch ginger, grated
• 9 Garlic cloves
• 6 Green cardamoms
• Flaked almonds for garnishing
• 2 tsp Salt

Cooking Instructions:
• Heat the ghee or butter in a large cooking pan over moderate heat. In the cooking pan-fry the onions with the salt until it turns light brown.
• Pour the ginger, garlic, cardamoms, and cinnamon sticks into the pan.
• Fry until the onions are golden brown.
• Add the chunks of chicken and cook it. Stir it for about 15 minutes.
• In a small bowl, thoroughly mix the eggs, sugar, ground almonds and cream.
• Lower the heat. Pour the egg and cream mixture into the cooking pan.
• Simmer for 5-7 minutes till the chicken is cooked and tender. Do not overcook.
• Garnish with flaked almonds and serve. Serve hot.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  Monday, September 03, 2007 7:09:00 AM  

but I am vegan, Ravi!

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP