Sunday, February 24, 2008

Happily single forever




Its been so many days since I have been thinking on a topic that I am sure would brand me an outcast, a misfit, maladjusted, inept. A topic that holds a big social taboo. More so since I am from the subcontinent. Going through a phase of life where the number of single friends around me are dwindling fast, I am faced with a burgeoning pressure to follow suit. But I have my own plans.

Marriage holds no interest to me. I realised it latety. But the influence has been gradual. Before, I had always assumed I would be marrying at a certain age just as my friends are now. Or just as anyone would. This comes by default in a society that programs you in a certain way. It is as normal as going to school, then college and then a job. And marriage is also a logical part of that pattern that the society has created. We all think in that pattern.

But now I refuse to follow that pattern. I do not want to get married. I want to stay single happily forever.


Now the ugliest part. I have to justify my decision. As you have to do each time you are straying away from societal norms. Not that I am obliged to. But I will.

My next will talk about why.

1 comments:

Unknown Monday, February 25, 2008 5:33:00 AM  

hey i really liked ur post...i think its ur ultimate wish to live happily single forevr...bt u c,being in a relation and having ha gf doesnt go hand in hand with being single...so i m settin u free forevr..go and live happily...and be single in REAL sense...all the best.

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP