Tuesday, June 03, 2008

30 things I want to do before I turn 30



I will complete 27 this October. While watching a programme in Discovery,
that had the same title as this post of mine, I thought of coming up with my
own list. This is a no whim list or fantasy. If I list them, I will make sure
I achieve each one of them by the time I turn 30.

The things that one accomplishes during their 20s also fulfills a few requirements:
  1. Doing your youth when you're young. There's nothing more embarrassing than trying to sport a pony when your hairline has receded at 50, trying to re-live your youth.
  2. Have no regrets later. If you do the silly stuff when you are young, then later you won't regret what you might have missed.
  3. Good stories. I need to have some good time now, so that I can can regale my children with tales of my crazy youth.
  4. Growing up. The point is this is an age where I can still afford to do and look silly. I can sense the pressure as people and family expect me to act like a grown up. You are more footloose in yours 20s than when you get two babies in your back pack.

Here goes my list:


  1. Stay unmarried.(of course its an achievement. Not succumbing to pressures both from family and the world outside is definetely an accomplishment)

  2. Cycle to Khardungla pass. World's highest motorable road.

  3. Write and publish my own book.

  4. Set up a public library in Bhubaneswar.

  5. Provide jobs to atleast 50 jobless people.

  6. Complete CTM and DTM in Toastmasters.

  7. Start a Toastmasters club in Bhubaneswar.

  8. Clear ISB
  9. See my company's revenue clock 1 million dollars.
  10. Bungee Jump

  11. Learn swimming.

  12. Sport a pony

  13. Get myself tatooed
  14. Pierce my ear and may be sport a stud.

  15. Get a six pack

  16. Learn atleast one musical instrument.

  17. Send parents on a foriegn trip.

  18. Run a full marathon. Mumbai or Bangalore one.

  19. Learn to gallop a horse. I only know to trod.

  20. Get a modelling portfolio done. (A fantasy carrying since school)

  21. Learn 30 new dishes which my mom doesnt know.

  22. Swim across the English Channel.(Kidding..i m being overtly ambitious
    now...I just did a feasibility check shows me that 30 things in 36 months is
    asking too much. So the list stops here.)


This is in no ways got to mean that life after 30s wouldnt be as dynamic and interesting. This is only an effort on my part to calibrate my next few years within 30 and make it deliberately exciting.


Meet me on 21st October 2011.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  Friday, June 13, 2008 7:04:00 AM  

so finally 20 things before you are 30. I am adding some of my own..

1. Driving car
2. Getting your dream car
3. Buying your house
4. What about a foreign visit?

........

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP